Thursday, October 31, 2013

Homework 12 - 2

For this week I tried to create a gateway system for my team to use when making their levels. This gateway system was supposed to be a door with two things attached to it:

1. An open/close animation that will play when anything with the property "player" (which the player object will have)

2. An empty attached to the object that will be the spawn point whenever a player comes out of the door on a different floor.

Below is a picture of the door and I managed to fulfill requirement 1 stated above:


In class we decided to scrap the idea of attaching the empty to the door object as it would be easier to implement the logic from the main blender file after all the levels (including doors) have come together from my group.

Next week:

I want to have at least 2 floors of our level done so that I can experiment with gateway spawn points and changing the active camera between floors. Basically we will start building levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment