Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Homework 12 - 3

I was working on the master floor file that everyone will be working out of. This weeks work was not particularly hard in any technical aspect but I essentially dealt with 4 people (my team) and their respective floors and ways to improve them such that the game will not lag from too many vertices. this took several renditions of everyone's individual floors. Steps included:

1. joining complex objects
2. decimating vertices until a noticeable decline in quality was seen
3. adding the edited object to a group
4. repeating steps 1-3 for all objects planned on being put into the floor
5. adding the object(s) to the floor through append
6. duplicate without copying the mesh data (things like multiple chairs)
7. add entire floor to its own group

From there I basically appended each person's floor to one blank blender file. For convenience purposes I left the player and camera in the blank floor files sent to my team mates but took them out in the master file. They will be replaced by a proper character and a camera that interacts accordingly.

Below is a video of me showing off the master floor file:


Next I will be working on the character rig for our game.

No comments:

Post a Comment